Duration: 2 days
9 & 10 November FULL
6 & 7 March 2024
Please call/email for group, onsite bookings & 2024 dates.
£416.68 (+ £83.34 VAT) per person (includes a light lunch)
Venue – Land Skills, Dorking
Pre-requisites: Prospective learners would benefit from a knowledge of plant and arboricultural science, but this is not essential.
This two day course aims to provide specific tree inspection training to those who may have attended our Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey and Inspection course and wish to progress further in the subject.
New Course Feature – This course will now include a Skills Assessment to ascertain areas in which candidates could improve their skills and knowledge prior to attending the Lantra Professional Tree Inspection course. A report will be provided to candidates following the course, with the instructor’s recommendations.
Who is it for?
Arboriculturists, Landscape architects, Local Authorities. Woodland officers, Rangers, Landowners or any other professionals involved with trees
- Law Matters
- Biology, Survival, Wounding Responses and Decay.
- Understanding Energy- Tree Management and Health
- Visual and Biomechanical Hazard Assessment of Trees
- Practical Visual Assessment of Trees
- The Body Language of Trees
- Practical Tree Inspection Procedure
- Principles of Tree Risk Assessment
- Open forum and Review of Course
Learners will receive a Land Skills E-Certificate of Attendance for 2 Day Tree Inspection and a Skills Assessment Report.