Duration: 6 days including assessment
27 November – 1 December – assessments 5 December
15 -19 January 2024 = assessment TBC
Please call/email for group and onsite bookings.
£1,318.75 (+ £252.55 VAT) per person
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
Pre-requisites: Candidates must hold a Certificate of Competence for Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross-Cutting (0020-03 / CS30) Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm (0020-04 / CS31) Tree Climbing & Rescue (0020-13 / CS38) & Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Free-fall Techniques (0021-08 / CS39) prior to attending this course.
Who is it for?
A course for people who are experienced in using a chainsaw from a rope and harness, who wish to develop their skills to remove branches and/or whole trees in confined spaces.
- Identify, inspect and comment upon key parts of the equipment to be used.
- Prepare the equipment for use ensuring the safety of themselves, other people and the environment.
- Operate a chainsaw whilst maintaining a working position within the crown of a tree using a rope and harness.
- Use lowering ropes and other associated equipment to carry out lowering and sectional felling operations.
- Undertake a range of arboricultural operations without risk to themselves, other people or the environment.
This course culminates in an independent assessment for a City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Aerial Tree Rigging.
Learners will also receive a Lantra Awards E-Certificate of Attendance.