Cost: £139 + VAT (includes light lunch)
Date: 19 April 2018
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
About the course –
This is a 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (Lantra Awards ITA) course that teaches the First Aider how to act safely and effectively in a range of workplace emergencies.
Trainees will learn the key techniques in order to administer simple but sometimes life-saving techniques.
As well as covering general first aid and the topics listed below our instructor aims to directly relate the topics to the injuries likely to be sustained in the land based industry and includes the use of tourniquets, suspension trauma & serious bleeding.
This course has continuous assessment by the trainer to evaluate delegates and there is an opportunity for Questions & Answers at the end of the course.
Suitable for –
This course is suitable for persons that have never previously undertaken First Aid training, or those whose First Aid training has expired.
Course Content –
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and accidents
- the use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding (including serious bleeding)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Suspension Trauma
- Provide treatment for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters (including the use of tourniquets)
- Brief demonstration of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Questions & Answers
These are the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive and the syllabus has been approved.
On successful completion of this course, learners will receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Training & Assessment for Emergency First Aid at Work.