16 November FULL
19 January 2024 FULL
13 March 2024
Please call/email for group and onsite bookings.
£175.25 (+£30.35 VAT) per person
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
About the course –
This 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work +F (Lantra Awards ITA) course teaches the First Aider how to act safely and effectively in a range of emergencies, specifically with the Forestry industry in mind.
This course complies with Forestry Commission +F and is approved by the Forestry Industry Safety Accord (FISA).
Trainees will learn the key techniques in order to administer simple but sometimes life-saving techniques. Training includes how to use a tourniquet and a haemostatic dressing.
This course has continuous assessment by the trainer to evaluate delegates and there is an opportunity for Questions & Answers at the end of the course.
Suitable for –
This course is suitable for those who have never previously undertaken First Aid training, or those whose First Aid training has expired.
Course Content –
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and accidents
- the use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Plan how to respond in an emergency
- Administer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding (including serious bleeding)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from hypothermia
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from suspension trauma
- Provide treatment for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
- Use of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings
- Demonstration of and opportunity to practice use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (training model)
- Questions & Answers
These are the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive and the syllabus has been approved.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will receive a Lantra Awards E-Certificate of Competence for Emergency First Aid at Work +F.