If you have your own site & MEWP please call/email us and we can discuss providing on on-site course.
Dates: Future Courses.
Candidates must hold –
Certificate of Competence for use of a MEWP (IPAF/NPTC/LANTRA). You must hold a current licence to operate the type of MEWP that will be used during the course.
Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross-Cutting 0020-03 or CS30
Level 2 Award in Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm 0020-04 or CS31
The course does not include work with work platforms that are not controllable from the platform bucket.
To take this training, you must be physically fit and not suffering from vertigo or similar conditions or on medication that could affect your safety.
This course is not appropriate for persons under 16 years of age.
- This training course will give you all the knowledge and skill you need to operate a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP). This includes the set up and operation of a MEWP as using equipment from a MEWP can be very dangerous which is why it is important to make sure you have the proper training and skills needed to work safely and efficiently.
Who is it for?
This training is particularly helpful for people who work in the following industries:
- Local authorities
If you would like to take this course, please make sure that you hold a current licence to practice in the MEWP type that will be used during the course (e.g. self-propelled) as well as a working knowledge of chainsaw maintenance and cross-cut techniques. You should also be particularly aware of the potential hazards of being cut by the saw, hit by the timber and exposure to noise and vibration.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- MEWP equipment
- Checks before using a MEWP
- Setting up and operation of the MEWP
- Safe Chainsaw use from the MEWP
This course culminates in an independent assessment for a City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Safe Use of a Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform.
Learners will also receive a Land Skills Certificate of Attendance.