Duration: 1 day with integrated assessment
18 June 2021
£282.00 per person (incl. VAT)
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
Stump Grinders are powerful pieces of equipment that remove tree stumps by literally chipping away at them usually with a cutting wheel, this therefore makes these dangerous tools if not used correctly or with adequate training.
This Stump Grinder training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using the Stump Grinder but that you are also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Who is it for?
This Stump Grinder training course will suit you if you work in the arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance industries, and you operate or will be required to operate a Stump Grinder.
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Health and safety guidelines and legislation
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks and machine safety features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutter maintenance
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks
- Preparation of site, machine and materials
- Operation of Stump Grinder
- Unblocking Stump Grinder
- Re-instatement of excavation and disposal of arisings
- Clearing, transport and storage
Learners will receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Competence for Stumpgrinders.