Duration: 1 day including integrated assessment
Next Course Date: 18 July 2019
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
Woodchippers are powerful pieces of equipment and if they are not used correctly they have the potential to cause injury, this makes having training essential.
This Woodchipper training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using the Woodchipper but that you are also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Who is it for?
This Woodchipper training course will suit you if you work in the arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance industries, and you operate or will be required to operate a Woodchipper.
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Health and safety guidelines and legislation
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks and machine features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutting mechanism
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks
- Prepare work area and range of materials and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
- Operation of Woodchipper
- Unblocking chipper
- End-uses of woodchips and hazards from woodchips
- Cleaning, transport and storage
Learners will receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Competence for Woodchippers.