Duration: 3 days including assessment
Please call or email us for future course dates.
Training: £458.42 + VAT per person
– Spraying to land only: £98 + VAT per person
– Spraying to land & on/near water: £117.50 + VAT per person
A City & Guilds Assessment Registration fee of £32 VAT exempt per person per assessment applies.
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
Pre-requisites: Candidates must hold a Certificate of Competence for Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1) or Principles of Safe Handling & Application of Pesticides (0216-49) prior to attending this course.
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be
potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential.
This course in Hand Held Applicators – Hydraulic Nozzle, will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of the hand held applicator.
Who is it for?
If you are involved in the application of pesticides with hand held hydraulic nozzle applicators, then this training course is for you. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements, and allow you to add to your continuous development. Before attending this course you will have already attended the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
- Basics of spray application
- Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- The working principles of a knapsack
- Preparation of the applicator for work
- Calibrating a knapsack
- Mixing, filling and site work
- Calibration – concentration method
- Decontamination, tank washing and storage
This course culminates in an independent assessment for a City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Safe Application of Pesticides Using Hand Held Equipment
Learners will also receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance.