Cost: £154 + VAT
Dates: Please ring for dates
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
We can also offer this training over 2 days with City & Guilds Integrated Assessment at a cost of = £308 + VAT
The Clearing Saw is a powerful piece of equipment mainly used to clear woodland, bushes and undergrowth. It allows the ability to get to normally difficult to reach areas, and due to it being a hand held mobile piece of equipment it is important that it’s used correctly and adequate training has taken place to ensure that accidents do not happen.
This Clearing Saw integrated training and assessment course has experienced instructors who will make sure that you use the clearing saw safely and with confidence, and that you understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
Who is it for?
This training course in Clearing Saws is available to you if you are a novice. This course is physical so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required in the course programme.
Our course is suited to people who work in:
- grounds maintenance
- HSE legislation, safety guidelines and risk assessment
- Personal protective equipment
- Health and safety features of a clearing saw
- Power unit maintenance
- Driveshaft, gear and cutting head
- Harness adjustment and fuel Starting the clearing saw and performing pre-cutting tests
- Safety precautions for site preparation and operations
- Clearing saw operation
- Clearing the site and performing clearing saw checks
Learners will receive either a Lantra Awards Certificate of Training for Clearing Saws or a City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Forestry Clearing Saw (QCF) depending on which option you choose.