Duration: 4 days including assessment
2022 courses available now! Please call/email for dates and availability.
From £880.00 (+ £153.20 VAT) per person
Venue: Dorking, Surrey
Pre-requisites: None but due to the use of pesticides, it is important that you are able to read and interpret product information in order to participate in this course.
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential.
This course in Safe Use of Pesticides and Hand Held Applicators – Hydraulic Nozzle, will guide you through the key elements of using pesticides safely and appropriate and safe use of the hand held applicators.
Who is it for?
This three day training course is for you if you are employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides with hand held hydraulic nozzle applicators. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety and legislation enabling you to work safely and effectively out in the field.
SAFE USE OF PESTICIDES
- Consequences of not using or handling pesticides safely
- Legislation that affects pesticides use
- Pesticide product labels
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe storage and transport of pesticides
- Environmental factors
- Disposal of pesticides and containers
- Dealing with accidents
- Keeping pesticide records
HAND HELD APPLICATORS – HYDRAULIC NOZZLE
- Basics of spray application
- Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- The working principles of a knapsack
- Preparation of the applicator for work
- Calibrating a knapsack
- Mixing, filling and site work
- Calibration – concentration method
- Decontamination, tank washing and storage
This course includes assessment in City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides. Candidates must pass this assessment before taking the City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment assessment at the end of the course. A Certificate of Competence will be issued for each assessment upon successful completion.
Learners will also receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance.